- His 'second' comeback was a rousing success - showed his quickness, hit his jumpers, showed some explosiveness, and finished at the rim like he used to.
- Came back from a severe ankle injury and eventually showed everyone that he still could light it up just like he did before surgery. There were questions as to whether or not he could return to the Monta of old - those questions have been answered.
- The threat of voiding his contract was lifted and he'll come back less annoyed and more willing to act like a team captain. The past is past and it's time to move forward.
- He lied about how he injured his ankle - that lost a lot of respect and trust from the front office and fans.
- He was sidelined again with a bone bruise after his monster game vs. the Kings, but supposedly, it's not related to his original ankle injury. Hopefully, it's just a precautionary move and he'll be ready for an intense summer of training.
- He did not bother to show up for the final home game, Fan Appreciation Night.
- He nearly ruined his career by taking part in a prohibited activity soon after signing a 6 year / $66 million contract. He was the new face of the franchise and it couldn't have gotten off to a rougher start.
- He missed all of training camp and his best opportunity to learn the nuances of being a true point guard.
- He only played 25 games the entire season giving the Warriors no shot at sniffing the playoffs.
Top 5-Man Units with Ellis
Crawford / Ellis / Azubuike / Jackson / Turiaf:
67 min, 1.19 off, 1.08 def, +17
Crawford / Ellis / Jackson / Maggette / Biedrins:
22 min, .98 off, .66 def, +17
Crawford / Ellis / Azubuike / Randolph / Turiaf:
24 min, 1.18 off, 1.03 def, +10
Bottom 5-Man Units with Ellis
Crawford / Ellis / Jackson / Maggette / Turiaf:
85 min, 1.12 off, 1.24 def, -26
Ellis / Azubuike / Jackson / Wright / Turiaf:
54 min, 1.04 off, 1.15 def, -13
Crawford / Ellis / Azubuike / Jackson / Biedrins:
56 min, 1.12 off, 1.18 def, -10
Monta Ellis - 82games.com
2008-09 Statistics - ESPN
35.7 min, .451 fg%, .308 3p%, .830 ft%, 4.3 reb, 1.56 stl, .32 blk, 2.68 to, 2.68 pf, 3.7 ast, 19.0 pts
Game Log - Yahoo! Sports
Season Highs/Career Highs
|Points|| 42 vs. Sacramento 04/01/09 *|
|Field Goals Made||16 vs. Sacramento 04/01/09|
|Field Goals Attempted|| 35 vs. Sacramento 04/01/09 *|
|Three Point Field Goals Made||1 8 Times|
|Three Point Field Goals Att.||4 @ New Orleans 03/22/09|
|Free Throws Made||10 vs. Sacramento 04/01/09|
|Free Throws Attempted||12 vs. Sacramento 04/01/09|
|Offensive Rebounds||2 2 Times|
|Defensive Rebounds|| 10 vs. Dallas 03/13/09 *|
|Total Rebounds||11 vs. Dallas 03/13/09|
|Assists||9 vs. Sacramento 04/01/09|
|Steals||5 2 Times|
|Blocks|| 2 2 Times *|
|Minutes Played||49 vs. Sacramento 04/01/09|
* career high
Warriors Weekly: Monta Ellis Interview (3/30/09)
April 02, 2009
Kings-Warriors 141-143 OT I Martin Career-High 50pts,3ast vs Ellis Career-High 42pts,9reb,9ast
April 02, 2009